drivers/char/serial.c in 2.5 versus 2.4...

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski (gl@dsa-ac.de)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 10:57:22 EST

Hello

We were using this driver successfully with 2.4 kernels on trizeps
Strong-ARM boards, then, when we ported our patch to 2.5, the situation
changed - sending data TO the board from, say, a PC works, but not the
other way round... I enabled debugging in the driver, so, I see that
transmit_chars is called, the parameters are fine, then it calls
serial_out - but nothing happens... UART is an ordinary 16550A. Any ideas
as what has changed between 2.4.13 and 2.5.6 that would require special
attention are welcome.

Thanks
Guennadi