traditional bug: only one of two serial ports found on HP Vectra XM

From: Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 01:54:02 EST

Hello,

historically I believed Linux very much. When it said my HP Vecra XM
only has one serial port I was surprised, but believed it. That was
some years ago. 2.4.18 still says that there is one serial port:

ttyS00 at 0x3f8 (irq=4) as a 16550A

However recently I had to work on the backside of the PC and found
two(!) serial ports labelled "Serial A" and "Serial B". So shouldn't
both ports be detected?

Regards,
Ulrich Windl
(the one who is NOT subscribed in this honourable list)