Re: IDE/raid performance

From: Kurt Garloff (kurt@garloff.de)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 15:36:27 EST

Hi Nick,

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 11:15:15AM -0400, nick@snowman.net wrote:
> to be about 25-30watts. Each 1800+ MP puts out 66w of heat, meaning it
> uses more than 66w (I couldn't find the power useage stats)

Meaning that they consume 66w. All energy is tranfered to heat.
(Where else would you expect energy to go? My CPUs don't do mechanical
work nor do they build up potential energy.)

Regards,

--
Kurt Garloff                   <kurt@garloff.de>         [Eindhoven, NL]
Physics: Plasma simulations  <K.Garloff@Phys.TUE.NL>  [TU Eindhoven, NL]