Re: 12 way dbench analysis: 2.5.9, dalloc and fastwalkdcache

From: Paul Menage (pmenage@ensim.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 15:11:28 EST

On Thursday Apr 18 17:32:19 2002, hannal@us.ibm.com wrote:
>However, I recently found a deadlock that no one else has been able to
>reproduce. Could you try doing a find on /proc and tell me if it
>deadlocks?

You somehow lost the call to undo_locked() before calling permission()
in the event that exec_permission_lite() failed. This would cause any
lookup where the first component referred to a dentry with a
permission() operation to deadlock (in the case of find on /proc, it was
doing a chdir("..") from inside /proc/1/fd). The call to undo_locked()
was in earlier versions of your patch.

Paul