Re: power off (again)

From: Rob Landley (landley@trommello.org)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 11:07:37 EST

On Friday 19 April 2002 08:56 am, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> Am Freitag, 19. April 2002 06:56 schrieb brian@worldcontrol.com:
> > On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 10:40:06PM +0200, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> > > I'm still fighting the problem that power off doesn't work with one of
> > > our machines since moving from 2.2.19 to 2.4.7 kernel.
> >
> > I have no idea if this will help but most of my systems have
> >
> > append="apm=power-off"
> >
> > in their lilo config.
>
> And ours append="apm=on", but I also tried apm=power-off - didn't help

Oh, forgot to mention earlier...

The machines that refuse to actually switch off all SUSPEND just fine.
They'll power down most of the way and stay suspended on battery power for a
week.

It's just that when you tell them to actually switch off, use NO battery, and
reboot when you come back up... Then they won't even suspend, they just stay
on but spin the hard drive down.

Weird, eh?

Rob