Re: unresolved symbol: __udivdi3

From: GOTO Masanori (gotom@debian.or.jp)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 11:25:30 EST

At Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:03:46 -0700,
Ben Greear wrote:
> I would like to be able to devide 64bit numbers in a kernel module,
> but I get unresolved symbols when trying to insmod.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to get around this little issue
> (without the obvious of casting the hell out of all my __u64s
> when doing division and throwing away precision.)?

Your architecture is i386? *Ad-hoc* solution is linking libgcc,
thus you designate the following parameter during linking time:

        `gcc -print-libgcc-file-name`

In addition, some architecture (sh, parisc) links libgcc.a.
Look at arch/{sh,parisc}/Makefile. (I heard such architecture's
gcc need libgcc for the basic calculation.)

-- gotom