Strange kernel logging

From: Peter Enderborg (pme@ufh.se)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 03:51:33 EST

I was playing with nmap and tryed to do portscan on my 2.4.18 kernel
with iptables.
I use port -sS -p 1 to search all ports. And I have iptables to do
logging on all
rejected messags. The scan mod was "norlmal" and that sends messags in
bursts.
And when this burts was recived the machine was very slo and had
keyboard problems.
It was very low latency for the keyevents. It was funny to see what
happend when
key relase event was delayed. A lot of same chars... This is on a dual
PII and
I guess that it is some race condition with in the logging in iptables.
Is this
a known problem? Any one that have solution?