Re: BK, deltas, snapshots and fate of -pre...

From: Daniel Phillips (phillips@bonn-fries.net)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 13:09:38 EST

On Monday 22 April 2002 19:53, Larry McVoy wrote:

> > > Yes.
> >
> > And that objection is?
>
> My objection is that you are singling out one thing that you don't like and
> attempting to impose your will on a project which is not under your control.
> In the US, we still have some semblance of free speech rights and you are
> stomping all over those rights.

<confused>
First I don't control it, then I'm stomping on rights. What the?

> Your position would be somewhat stronger
> if you were applying the same metric to all aspects of the kernel, which
> you are not,

If I were able, I'd fix all bugs in the kernel at once too. But I am not able
to do that so I do what I can. Anyway, there is only one non-open tool in the
toochain, it attracts special attention.

> but even then I would object based on the fact that it isn't
> your job to police the kernel for political correctness. If you want that
> to be your job, go form your own project and impose whatever rules you see
> fit.

OK, so you are now requiring that I fix everything that is wrong with the
kernel before you reinstate your offer?

--
Daniel