Re: BUG: 2 NICs on same network

From: Frank Louwers (frank@openminds.be)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 08:51:25 EST

> Do you really need the two interfaces to be in the same subnet ? I use
> tw parallel nets for a cluster, but configured both as independent
> subnets, 10.0.0.0 and 10.0.1.0. So you can drive all nfs through one
> interface mounting the server as 10.0.0.1, and all the bproc traffic
> through the other (or all the ssh through the other connecting
> always to 10.0.1.1).
>
> Hope this helps.

Well, I was planning on using it as a backup link: use eth0 as my
"normal" interface card, with a traffic shaper on it, firewalled etc.

If however, something goes wrong with either the firewall, or traffic
shaper, or so, I have to drive 60 miles to my server to correct things
on the console.

I was hoping on configuring that second nic as a "backup" nic ...

Frank