[LKML] russian garbage spew

From: Olaf Titz (olaf@bigred.inka.de)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 14:45:17 EST

There are dozens of messages in linux-kernel with From and Subject
lines taken from a recent article of mine, with the body (apparently)
in Russian. Meanwhile I got stuff from a Russian mail<->news gateway
containing a majordomo-like help file. Looks like this gateway answers
to the list, talking to itself.

The help files are sent from news-service@obladm.msk.su and contains
this paragraph:

 In order to submit an article you should send the article with the
 header field "Newsgroups:" containing the comma-separated list of
 newsgroups (all newsgroups should be valid) to the address
 newsserv@obladm.msk.su.

Until the issues are resolved I urgently propose to remove these
addresses from the mailing list if possible. (CCd to the given contact
address in .su.)

Olaf