Re: [REPOST2][BUG] RAMFS broken in 2.4.19-pre7(-ac2)?

From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk (roy@karlsbakk.net)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 06:58:34 EST

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> > > enable CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM and /dev/ram* will become useable. If you also
> > > use initrd then enable CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD as well.
> >
> > sorry - wrong .config-file. I thought the one I sent was identical to the
> > one I used.
>
> no, there must be yet another (3rd) .config file that was _actually_ used
> for the kernel that you booted, because your /proc/devices didn't show the
> ramdisk registered on major 1. Or did you use /proc/devices from some
> other machine too? :)

Too much mess.

Of course, the /proc/devices was from my computer, compiled without proper
ramfs support. I don't have /proc/devices from the other one, as I can't
boot it, lacking RAMFS support.

sorry about this

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester

Computers are like air conditioners. They stop working when you open Windows.