Re: 2.5.9 - HPT366 ide unexpected interrupts

From: Jarno Paananen (jpaana@s2.org)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 18:26:25 EST

Pierre Rousselet <pierre.rousselet@wanadoo.fr> writes:

| PIII 650/Abit BE6 HPT366(ide2, ide3)
|
| dmesg gives 482 times the same line :
| ide: unexpected interrupt 0 11
|
| sylogd logs the same :
| ide: unexpected interrupt 0 11
| last message repeated 1820 times
| last message repeated 4251 times
| last message repeated 272 times
| last message repeated 69 times
|
| # cat /proc/interrupts
| CPU0
| 0: 166782 XT-PIC timer
| 1: 6631 XT-PIC keyboard
| 2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
| 8: 0 XT-PIC rtc
| 9: 4456 XT-PIC Ensoniq AudioPCI, usb-uhci
| 10: 0 XT-PIC eth0
| 11: 10854 XT-PIC ide2, ide3
| 12: 30840 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
| 15: 1 XT-PIC ide1
| NMI: 0
| LOC: 166737
| ERR: 0

I get this same "error" with hpt370 controller (Abit KT7A-RAID),
but only if I have more than one disk attached. I recently added a
second disk to the second controller and got this since. Everything
seems to work ok so it might be only something the ide-driver
doesn't understand when one chip has two ide-busses sharing the
same interrupt. I commented the printk out from ide.c and haven't
had any problems with it.

// Jarno