Re: File corruption when running VMware.

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 10:36:59 EST

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 01:56:23AM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> enabled of course). If I'll find any instability of the host OS I'll let
> you know, so far it looks solid.

The instability appears only during the poweron/resume, I left it running
for a long time and it was solid, but only after I now restarted/stopped
it a few times it showed stability problems still. If the poweron
doesn't reboot the machine then it is solid (that's why I couldn't
notice it yesterday). Also correcting the #if 0 in the patch or adapting
the lower part doesn't help. The big question is: are them the only two
places touching the pagetables? I also wonder why you're using cr3
instead of using the pointer in current->mm, I assume they're different
and that you swap the cr3 internally to the vmware module during ctx
switches of tasks?

thanks,

Andrea