Re: [ACPI] 2.5.10+ acpi0419 breakage

From: Dominik Brodowski (devel@brodo.de)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 15:31:34 EST

Hi Pavel,

On Sunday, 28. April 2002 13:06, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On athlon desktop:

> ide: unexpected interrupt 1 15
> ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
> ide: unexpected interrupt 0 14
> hcd.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
> [hang]
>
> acpi=off fixes it.
IOAPIC enabled or present? Please wait for the next acpi-release, ACPI +
IOAPICs does not work at the moment. If not, please see comments for Toshiba
below:

> On toshiba notebook, boot is broken *only after cold boot*. I can boot
> successfully from warm boot.
Strange. Could you please send me a dmesg?

> It says
> ide: unexpected interrupt 1 15
> Unable to handle NULL pointer dereference
> EIP=somewhere in __ide_end_request. acpi=off does not fix this one.
Could you please try the pciirq.9.acpi.diff or -even better- pciirq.12,
available at
http://www.brodo.de/english/pub/acpi/pci_irq/

The assignation of non-dynamic IRQs is somewhat broken (by me :-( in
acpi-20020419, I suspect your systems are affected by that bug. Sorry for
that.

Dominik