Re: Sony Vaio Laptop problems

From: Stelian Pop (stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 02:15:39 EST

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 05:28:39PM +0200, Stephan Maciej wrote:

> The only thing that fixes this problem is loading or installing the sonypi
> driver into the kernel. It doesn't function as expected, but it solves at
> least *this* problem.
[...]

I suppose you load the sonypi driver with the 'fnkeyinit=1' parameter,
right ? In this case, the sonypi mode will enable the ACPI mode
which seems to do the trick for you.

Getting the latest BIOS update from Sony (could be labeled as a
windows XP bios update or something like this) and the latest ACPI
patch from http://acpi.sourceforge.net will almost certainly
help, as other people pointed out.

Once you make your laptop work correctly from a kernel / bios
point of view, you might want to contact me in private to see
if we can get the sonypi driver to work for you.

Stelian.

--
Stelian Pop <stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com>
Alcove - http://www.alcove.com