Re: initrd and devfs

From: Pozsar Balazs (pozsy@sch.bme.hu)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 04:13:02 EST

I'm not absolutely sure that this is what you want, but I think I have a
similar case.
I boot from a CD a kernel which has cdrom support compiled as modules, and
devfs compiled in:

syslinux starts kernel with this:
 /boot/bzImage devfs=mount root=/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 initrd=/boot/initrd

Then the initrd loads the needed modules, and _exits_.
The kernel then mounts the given root, and the system boots successfully.

So all I needed to do is give the root partition as a parameter, and no
mkrootdev or pivot_root was needed.

--
Balazs Pozsar