Re: [RFC] discontigmem support for ia32 NUMA box against 2.4.19pre7

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 20:22:13 EST

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 07:26:54AM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Umm, NUMA without SMP looks rather strange to me..

It's still fully possible, though I'm not clear on whether NUMA-Q
supports it. A number of the usual techniques would degenerate to
a sort of priority ordering on memory regions. I could imagine it
being put to some use to accommodate caches that only cache some
regions of physical memory and not others, though it is perhaps a
bit far-fetched because few systems like that are still used.

Cheers,
Bill