[ANN] new linux-audio-announce list...

From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings@folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 07:17:37 EST

hello everyone !

we have created a new mailing list for linux audio announcements.
it is moderated, and will be low-volume.

typical announcements might be:
 * releases of audio applications or new drivers
 * releases of documentation
 * latency or scheduling-related kernel patches
 * conferences, events, meetings related to linux audio
 * job advertisements (don't laugh, we've had a few on
    linux-audio-dev)

the list will be advertised to editors of major linux news sites and
printed publications, so that they have an easy, centralized news
feed and you can reach a wide audience with your announcements.

to make this work, please copy all major release announcements and
other appropriate messages to this new list. (by "major" i mean
tarball releases, as opposed to daily cvs commits. ;)

the address is

        linux-audio-announce@music.columbia.edu

you do not need to be subscribed to be able to post.

no discussions should take place on the list. if you want to
encourage public feedback, please cc: an appropriate other audio
forum, such as linux-audio-user@music.columbia.edu.

please visit http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/subscribelaa.php3 for
further information.

best,

jörn

please direct replies to my private address to keep the noise on the
lists down.
you are welcome to forward this announcement to other related
mailing lists or interested individuals if appropriate.