Re: kernel strangeness

From: Anton Altaparmakov (aia21@cantab.net)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 09:43:44 EST

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Thank you. I will try replacing the glibc. If I understand right (I'm
> > not a programmer) I will need to recompile the kernel, and possibly some
> > other programs, against the i386 glibc. Correct?
>
> You don't. You just need to replace the i686 rpm of glibc with the i386 one
> and all should be well

Note you probably will need to use the --force flag for this to work...

(At least I needed to use --force when going from i386 to i686 RH7.0 glibc
rpm last night as it complained about conflicting files otherwise...)

Best regards,

        Anton

--
Anton Altaparmakov <aia21 at cantab.net> (replace at with @)
Linux NTFS maintainer / IRC: #ntfs on irc.openprojects.net