Re: Bug: Discontigmem virt_to_page() [Alpha,ARM,Mips64?]

From: Daniel Phillips (phillips@bonn-fries.net)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 17:06:02 EST

On Friday 03 May 2002 21:47, Dave Engebretsen wrote:
> We don't need the reverse translation on iSeries as the kernel never
> knows about the actual hardware address, other than when putting an
> entry in the hardware page tables (processor and I/O).

So the kernel page tables are carrying what I'd call a logical address,
that is, zero-based, indexing your logical-to-physical table (physical
taken in a non-literal sense).

This would suggest that your current arrangement is a strict subset of
my current config_nonlinear design, flat table and all, but with
phys_to_pagenum defined as a compile-time error.

--
Daniel