Re: IO stats in /proc/partitions

From: Mike Fedyk (mfedyk@matchmail.com)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 20:18:55 EST

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 06:08:58PM -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> On Sat, 4 May 2002, Tomas Szepe wrote:
>
> > But hey, you've suffered thru it, which, guess what, makes you the
> > perfect candidate to have the honor of writing the docs!
>
> The person who made the "design" decisions and implemented the code is
> responsible for documenting it. At least that's what *I* was taught 40
> years ago when I learned to program a computer.

True, but we don't know if the code designer is still around to do so either.

By doing the code tracing yourself you are in a better position to submit
informed documentation patches. This won't help the designer's habbits any,
but it'll help others in the position that you were in before you did the
tracing...