Re: IO stats in /proc/partitions

From: Nivedita Singhvi (nivedita@us.ibm.com)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 20:38:22 EST

>> But hey, you've suffered thru it, which, guess what, makes you the
>> perfect candidate to have the honor of writing the docs!

> The person who made the "design" decisions and implemented the code is
> responsible for documenting it. At least that's what *I* was taught 40
> years ago when I learned to program a computer.
> --
> M. Edward Borasky

Ed, this is Linux and open source. It is where it is today because of
cooperation, contribution and generous understanding.
People contribute what they can, and they're not necessarily
getting paid to do so. If its valuable to others, it gets
used. The way I see it, getting anything at all is a bonus.

Additionally, not all developers who contribute to Linux live in the US
and speak English. I'm guessing that documentation in Russian or
Marathi wouldn't be much use to you..

Just something to think about..

thanks,
Nivedita