After some delay, a new scratch implementation of hotplug CPU
for x86 is available:
1) Cleans up the init thread creation code so it's workable after
2) Removes the number/logical mapping of CPUs, and smp_num_cpus().
3) Changes the boot sequence so it all happens on UP, then the other
CPUs are "plugged in".
I'm pretty happy with the simpler boot code, but there are several
problems with this version:
1) It needs synchronize_kernel to be 100% correct, which was broken by
2) It sometimes crashes on x86, because I don't think I untwisted the
boot process correctly.
3) It only supports x86.
-- Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell. - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Tue May 07 2002 - 22:00:26 EST