Sun May 5 16:34:59 CEST 2002 ide-clean-55
Resync with 2.5.14.
- Update HPT374 driver carried over from 2.4.xx series by Andrew Morton.
Resync it with the recent host chip driver changes, or better the
introduction of an API at all.
- Consolidate the handling of device ID byte order in one place.
This was spotted and patched by Bartomiej onierkiewicz.
- Eliminate CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI - it's duplicating the functionality of the
already present and fine CONFIG_PCI flag and if we are a PCI host, we are
indeed very likely to need host chip support anyway.
- Remove some redundant info about the model and channel number from
/proc/ide. Remove the binary entries not helpful to the user, and not used
by any program and redundant to corresponding ioctls.
- Properly return udma_read and udma_write values in taskfile.
- Only initialize XXX_udma to the default handlers if it has not been
initialized by the host chip initialization.
I have enabled spin lock debugging and can see that on device
flush the spin locks get wrong counts... no problems elsewher ethus
far. I will re check them next time around.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Tue May 07 2002 - 22:00:26 EST