RE: kill task in TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE

From: Kerl, John (John.Kerl@Avnet.com)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 13:00:29 EST

Please, this could turn into a flamewar:

* Users hate the NFS hangs.
* Applications need them for consistency.

Is there really a solution that makes everyone happy
when NFS servers are down? If so, I haven't seen it
in my career working with NFS. (Unless NFS v3 helps ...)
All the network admins I've known choose non-interruptible,
tolerate the complaining users when a server is down,
and just work on getting the server back on-line ASAP.