Re: Tcp/ip offload card driver

From: Lincoln Dale (ltd@cisco.com)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 17:26:39 EST

IA32 isn't going to get you much more. you need a new architecture.

300mbyte/sec is getting awfully close to real-life PCI limitations on IA32
and real-world memory throughput
sure, the latest chipsets with DDR memory and memory-interleaving and
things like HyperTransport, but they have an awful long way to reach your
"order of magnitude".

i suspect you haven't reaized that "300MiB/sec" below means "300mbyte/sec"
and not "300mbit/s".