Re: Strange s390 code in 2.4.19-pre8

From: Pete Zaitcev (zaitcev@redhat.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 11:10:08 EST

> From: "Martin Schwidefsky" <schwidefsky@de.ibm.com>
> Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:54:59 +0200

> > #2 - strange changes to net Makefile
> The intention of this is to have fsm.o built as a module if ctc
> and iucv are built as modules too. I agree that this is broken
> if one of {iucv,ctc} is built as a module and the other is built
> in.

The old Makefile was correct, and the only failing was a namespace
conflict between your fsm.c and fsm.c in ISDN, when CONFIG_MODVERSIONS
are used. The right fix is to rename your fsm.c or to create
fsm_s390_ksyms.c with all EXPORT_SYMBOL's sitting in there.
It is fixed in 2.5 with $(MODPREFIX) in Rules.make.

-- Pete