Re: Agpgart for 845G

From: Abraham vd Merwe (abraham@2d3d.co.za)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 02:37:08 EST

Hi Nicolas!

> > + { PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_845_G_0,
> > + PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL,
> > + INTEL_I845_G,
> > + "Intel",
> > + "i845G",
> > + intel_830mp_setup },
>
> Are you sure that 830mp and 845g have exactly the same addresses to
> write/read to ? BTW, I can't find any datasheet for 845g on Intel's
> website ... do you have any at hand ?

The 845g chipset is the little brother of 830mp - it's memory allocation
didn't change a bit, so above setup is actually correct.

> > + if (i810_dev == NULL) {
> > + /*
> > + * We probably have a I830MP chipset
> > + * with an external graphics
> > + * card. It will be initialized later
> > + */
> > + agp_bridge.type = INTEL_I845_G;
> > + break;
> > + }
>
> Are you sure about the comment :-)) ?

Smells like cut & paste to me (;

--

Regards Abraham

"Intelligence without character is a dangerous thing." -- G. Steinem

Device Driver Development, Outsourcing, Embedded Systems

Cell: +27 82 565 4451 Snailmail: Tel: +27 21 761 7549 Block C, Aintree Park Fax: +27 21 761 7648 Doncaster Road Email: abraham@2d3d.co.za Kenilworth, 7700 Http: http://www.2d3d.com South Africa