Re: 2.4.19pre8aa3

From: Juan Quintela (quintela@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 04:27:37 EST

>>>>> "andrea" == Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@suse.de> writes:

Hi

andrea> I'm not using the full blown initrd of most distros that is aware of the
andrea> mistery of life and of all the kernel bugs out there too, my own dumb
andrea> linuxrc just says:

andrea> echo hello world

andrea> and then returns, and ext3 gets mounted as ext2 and that's a kernel bug,
andrea> all other fs gets mounted correctly with my initrd, only ext3 gone wrong
andrea> until I fixed it.

>> --- snip from linuxrc ----
>> mount --ro -t $rootfs $rootdev /sysroot
>> pivot_root /sysroot /sysroot/initrd
>> ------
>>
>> This way you can specify both the root fs and - if wanted -
>> special mount options to the root fs. Then you pivot_root(2)
>> to move the root fs to / and the (old) initrd to /initrd.

andrea> both lines are completly superflous, very misleading as well. I
andrea> recommend to drop such two lines from all the full blown bug-aware
andrea> linuxrc out there (of course after you apply the ordering fix to the
andrea> kernel).

I am missing something, or how do you pass the notail option to your
reiserfs rootfs when the initrd is ext2.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy