Re: pci segments/domains

From: Ivan Kokshaysky (ink@jurassic.park.msu.ru)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 05:47:55 EST

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 03:33:34PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> I wouldn't mind making the PCI domain support a bit more explicit,
> though. I think it's fair to be able to obtain a pointer to "struct
> pci_domain", which would most likely be defined in asm/pci.h for each arch.

We already have it - void *sysdata. Host-to-PCI (domain) controllers might
be totally different even inside any given architecture, so trying to
make this more generic would be pointless - you will end up with a pointer
to arch/device specific data anyway.
I can think of the only case where domain info might be interesting - if
some device wants to know whether it can talk to another device directly.
We have pci_controller_num(pdev) for this.

Ivan.