Re: Kernel 2.4.18 and VIA USB

From: Kristofer T. Karas (ktk@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 16:16:35 EST

Greg KH wrote:

> On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 04:56:19PM +0100, Will Newton wrote:
> > hub.c: Cannot enable port 2 of hub 1, disabling port.
> > hub.c: Maybe the USB cable is bad?
>
> Which USB host controller driver are you using?
> And are you sure your cable isn't bad? :)

Just a long shot, but ....

I get this message when I plug my Microsoft Internet keyboard (which has both PS/2
and USB interfaces) into my VIA-based MB, with both cables connected; if the
legacy PS/2 cable is in use, it causes the USB interface internal to the keyboard
to claim itself dead. A feature, not a bug.

Kris