Re: cardbus/pcmcia/pci bridge problems?

From: Paul Davis (pbd@op.net)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 11:30:22 EST

>> >May 16 15:15:32 badass-bukvic kernel: PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device
>> >02:03.0
>> >May 16 15:15:33 badass-bukvic kernel: Hammerfall memory allocator:
>> >buffers allocated for 1 cards
>> >May 16 15:15:33 badass-bukvic kernel: PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt
>> >pin A of device . Please try using pci=biosirq.
>
>The $PIR table in the BIOS provided no useful information on what IRQ
>to use, or we didn't know the IRQ router concerned to set it up.

alan: let me check what you're saying: despite the fact that lspci -vv
shows the relevant information, there is still a problem?

the problem is either in the BIOS or its an issue with the kernel not
knowing which IRQ router to use when setting up the interrupt? sorry
to be repetitive, but i'm just trying to check that i fully understand
this.