Re: Orinoco Wireless driver bugs in 2.5.17

From: David Gibson (hermes@gibson.dropbear.id.au)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 20:53:05 EST

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:06:36AM +1000, Peter Chubb wrote:

> Hi,
> I see two undesireable behaviours with the Orinoco drivers in
> 2.5.17.
>
> 1. With a compaq WL110 in a WL210 PCI<->PCMCIA bridge, I see many
>
> NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
> Tx timeout! Resetting card. ALLOCFID=00c0, TXCOMPLFID=00bf, EVSTAT=808a
>
> messages, and see no activity on any other stations.

I've had one similar report, on a vaguely similar PCI<->PCMCIA
bridge. It looks very much as if we're not receiving any interrupts.
That would appear to be a low-level problem with routing of interrupts
through the bridge. It may well be a PCMCIA subsystem problem rather
than a driver problem.

> 2. With a Netgear MA401, every now and then the card goes into bozo
> mode, when iwconfig reports:
>
> eth0 IEEE 802.11-DS Nickname:"piggle"
> Mode:Managed Frequency:42.9497GHz Tx-Power=15 dBm
> RTS thr:off
> Link Quality:241 Signal level:136 Noise level:107
> Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
> Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
>

> Note the Frequency there. A `cardctl reset' fixes the problem.

Other than the bogus frequecy reported, does the card still work?

david@gibson.dropbear.id.au	| solution which is simple, neat and
http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson