2.4.19-pre8-ac5 swsusp panic

From: Matthias Andree (matthias.andree@stud.uni-dortmund.de)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 20:13:22 EST

I tried SysRq-D and finally got a kernel "panic: Request while ide driver
is blocked?"

Before that, I saw "waiting for tasks to stop... suspending kreiserfsd",
nfsd exiting, "Freeing memory", "Syncing disks beofre copy", then some
"Probem while suspending", then some "Resume" and finally the panic.

It may be worth noting that one swap partition is on a SCSI drive, and
that my IDE drives were in standby (not idle) mode, i. e. their spindle
motors were stopped.

--
Matthias Andree