Re: Linux crypto?

From: Myrddin Ambrosius (imipak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 14:18:11 EST

--- Thomas 'Dent' Mirlacher <dent@cosy.sbg.ac.at>
wrote:
> On Fri, 24 May 2002, David S. Miller wrote:
> well, but if you take that by the word, is means you
> cannot export _any_
> hooks from the kernel (like the sycall table),
> because it would enable
> someone to place some crytography in there (thinking
> of read and write
> calls)

Shhhhh! The RIAA might be listening! :)

Seriously, as I understand it, provided you register a
site on which the source is located with two different
House Of Spooks, then you're allowed to publish =ANY=
cryptographic material, without restriction, and
without further hastle.

(I've read through the tediously long, archaic,
English->Pig Latin documents on the EAR(?) website,
decribing in nausiating detail exactly what is and is
not permitted. However, I'd like it if someone else
who has seen the documents could correct me if I'm
wrong, as I think I fell asleep at several points.)