Re: A reply on the RTLinux discussion.

From: Dana Lacoste (dana.lacoste@peregrine.com)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 12:43:18 EST

> I don't see the patent stopping people from creating non-proprietary
> commercial software. I *do* see the patent perhaps forcing people who
> make money off non-Open Source extensions to have some sort of deal
> with Victor.

> I don't see what is unfair about this.

Ahhh, so Victor makes the money off all the Linux people because
his is the only part that's _patented_.

Do you see what I'm getting at now? When a party chooses Linux
for their platform they're choosing all of it, and maybe they'll
be taking Victor's stuff along with the rest simply because it's
the rest that they _really_ want.

Why should Victor be making money off your work?

Dana "bowing out of this conversation before the PRGN people get made at
me cuz the SEC has made everyone paranoid" Lacoste
Ottawa, Canada