RE: KBuild 2.5 Impressions

From: Thunder from the hill (thunder@ngforever.de)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 22:55:54 EST

Hi,

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Hua Zhong wrote:
> To me it's just like "well, since they asked let's do it just to make
> _them_ happy so the damn thing can get in".

Kind of...

> Auh..the "only Keith could fix things"....come'on, isn't this
> open-source? Hey, You guys are genius

That's not even needed. The new kbuild-2.5 makes coding much easier...

> I have to say I don't see good reasons to set up obstacles to Keith's
> work. It's faster, it's more reliable, it coexists with the current
> build system, and it's been well tested. What else to ask for? Let's
> just get it in and be done with it, so people can spend time on more
> useful things. (I have a feeling that if Linus actually does this, all
> the accusations will go away, so all the questions boil down to: what
> does Linus think/do? :-)

That's what I'm working for.

> I'm not an active kernel hacker (although I do work on Linux and writing
> kernel modules is part of my job), so my opinion may not count, but I
> can't help on this.

It's exactly one opinion, it doesn't count more than that. I think that's
enough for you, isn't it?

Regards,
Thunder

--
ship is leaving right on time	|	Thunder from the hill at ngforever
empty harbour, wave goodbye	|