How to get a gcc for RedHat 6.2 that will build the development kernel.

From: Miles Lane (miles@megapathdsl.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 01:53:34 EST

Recently, support for building with egcs was removed, IIRC.
I don't have enough disk space on my laptop to compile gcc
and haven't located rpm files for a supported version
of gcc for RedHat 6.2. Do any of you know where I might
locate such packages? I have checked the ftp.redhat.com
and www.rpmfind.net sites.

I notice that RedHat 6.2 is listed as one of the test
platforms for gcc 3.1, but no rpm packages are made available.

Thanks,
        Miles