Re: RAID-6 support in kernel?

From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk (roy@karlsbakk.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 07:49:54 EST

On Monday 03 June 2002 16:52, Kasper Dupont wrote:
> Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> > He was thinking "mirror", not "stripe". Mirror of 2 RAID-5 arrays (would
> > be probably called RAID-15 (when there is a RAID-10 for mirrored stripe
> > arrays)), can withstand any two disks failing anytime.
>
> It can actually withstand any *three* disks failing anytime.

still - I don't want to waste that money

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester

Computers are like air conditioners. They stop working when you open Windows. - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/