Re: [2.5.19] Oops during PCI scan on Alpha

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 13:13:37 EST

   From: Patrick Mochel <mochel@osdl.org>
   Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:50:11 -0700 (PDT)

   On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, David S. Miller wrote:

> It's happening on every platform. It should be done before
> arch_initcalls actually, but after core_initcalls. I would suggest to
> rename unused_initcall into postcore_iniscall, then use it for this
> and sys_bus_init which has the same problem.

   Can't it go the other way? Instead of mass-promotion of the setup
   functions, can't we demote the ones that are causing the problems?

There's this middle area between core and subsys, why not
just be explicit about it's existence?

Short of making the true dependencies describable, I think my
postcore_initcall solution is fine.