ide-tape problem in 2.4.19-pre9?

From: Mikael Pettersson (mikpe@csd.uu.se)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 06:47:58 EST

My Seagate ATAPI tape drive used to work great under 2.4.*,
but earlier this week I found that doing a backup under 2.4.19-pre9
caused the machine to lock up _hard_ after a while. This happened
twice in a row. Rebooting into 2.2.21 and it worked reliably again.

This is with ide-tape, not st + ide-scsi.

I'll try to investigate this further later when I have time.

/Mikael