Stream Lined Booting - SCSI Hold Up

From: Shane Walton (dsrelist@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 12:22:40 EST

Good day,

I work with US DoD systems, and one of my requirements
is to boot an ix86 based system with an aic7xxx SCSI
interface in 15 seconds. One of the apparent problems
is the SCSI BIOS and aic7xxx driver take a long time
to find one drive and then probe other empty channels.
 Is there a way to inform the aic7xxx driver of
connected hardware to limit the initialization phase?
Thanks for the help.

Regards,

=====
Shane M. Walton, Software Engineer