[ANNOUNCE] 2.4.18-lsm3

From: Chris Wright (chris@wirex.com)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 14:10:09 EST

The Linux Security Modules project provides a lightweight, general
purpose framework for access control. The LSM interface enables
security policies to be developed as loadable kernel modules.
See http://lsm.immunix.org for more information.

Updated 2.4.18 lsm patch released.

Full lsm-2.4 patch (LSM + all modules) is available at:
        http://lsm.immunix.org/patches/2.4/2.4.18/patch-2.4.18-lsm3.gz

The whole ChangeLog for this release is at:
        http://lsm.immunix.org/patches/2.4/2.4.18/ChangeLog-2.4.18-lsm3

2.4.18-lsm3
 - SELinux updates (Stephen Smalley)
   - build updates
   - permit blocking allocate during policy load
   - update enforcing mode selection
   - locking fixes
   - backport relevant 2.5 exec_permission_lite changes
   - added comm to audit msg
   - make extened socket call processing optional
   - enhanced MLS support

2.4.18-lsm2
 - remerge with 2.4.18, merge error (me)
 - update to LIDS 2.0.1pre3 (Huagang Xie)
   - many bug fixes and code cleanups
   - use single source tree for 2.4/2.5
   - stackable with owlsm
 - SELinux updates (Stephen Smalley)
   - many bug fixes and code cleanups
   - security server locking updates
   - Merge Selopt from James Morris
   - add support for owlsm stacking
   - deadlock fixes
 - added socket post_accept and skb recv_datagram hooks (Chris Vance)
 - fixed lsm netfilter hook placement (James Morris)
 - add pivotroot and post_pivotroot hooks (Stephen Smalley)

2.4.18-lsm1
 - 2.4.18-pre and 2.4.18 merges (me)
 - make sure sys_setgroups16 is mediated (Antony
   Edwards/me)
 - fcntl_*lk* cleanups (me)
 - file_ops->lock support for fcntl style locks (Antony
   Edwards/me)
 - multiple DTE cleanups (Serge Hallyn)
 - add binprm check_security hook (Huagang Xie)
 - add LIDS module to tree (Huagang Xie)
 - replace binfmt_elf.c fix lost in 2.4.18 (me)

thanks,
-chris