Re: [patch] i386 "General Options" - begone [take 2]

From: Brad Hards (bhards@bigpond.net.au)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 18:11:20 EST

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 20:29, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 11:34:23AM +1000, Brad Hards wrote:
> > One idea that comes to mind is putting the power management config
> > options in a "Power Management" section
>
> *nod* sounds sensible 8)
>
> > then PNPBIOS in with the other PnP stuff, and
> > so on (read: don't know were to put MPS yet, and don't know what $PIR is
> > :)
>
> It's an interrupt routing table.
>
> MPS and interrupt routing are both CPU related features, so the best
> place we currently have is under the CPU menu imho.
Is it fundamentally different _functionality_ to the stuff that is in "Plug
and Play configuration" (which makes devices automatically get the right
itnerrupts)? [ Ignore implementation for a second - we can always solve this
with another layer of abstraction. :-]

Of course, putting all this into the CPU menu (which is obviously a per-arch
config.in change) would make drivers/arch/acpi/Config.in look a lot cleaner.

I'll try to work with Andy Grover off-list with this, and come up with an
agreed position.

Rusty: This is starting to get a little non-trivial. Please drop the two
patches I've sent. I'll get back to you later.

Brad

--
http://conf.linux.org.au. 22-25Jan2003. Perth, Australia. Birds in Black.