Re: Failure report: tulip driver

From: Rasmus Bøg Hansen (moffe@amagerkollegiet.dk)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 11:57:02 EST

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Francois Romieu wrote:

> moffe@amagerkollegiet.dk :
> [...]
> > Gnu C 2.95.2
>
> It won't hurt if you upgrade. It may if you don't.

It is the standard Debian potato gcc package; I assumed they had
committed fixes to gcc.

I *could* compile one with gcc 2.95.4 (debian woody) or 2.96 (redhat
7.0+updates) and wait for the problem to happen again (it does not
happen often, but often enough to be annoying). However searching on
google, tells me that many others have like problems, and it does not
seem to be compiler-related.

/Rasmus

--
I'm a unix system administrator