Re: [Docu-PATCH] Updated docu for srm_env.o driver

From: Ruth Ivimey-Cook (Ruth.Ivimey-Cook@ivimey.org)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 18:38:10 EST

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

>Please apply this patch. It updates the documentation to my driver.
>
>+ If you enable this option, you'll find all important SRM environment
>+ variables in /proc/srm_environment/named_variables/. In addition to
>+ this, you can access any custom variable through its assigned number
>+ in /proc/srm_environment/numbered_variables/. If you want to access
>+ your SRM environment (or if you're building a generic kernel for
>+ distribution) it's a good idea to say Y or M to this driver.
>
>+ If you build it as a module, the resulting file will be srm_env.o.

After reading this, I still don't know what SRM is. Could you possibly expand
SRM in the first line so it makes sense for te not-so-clued-up? E.g.:

"If you enable this option, the important Silly Random Memo (SRM) confguration
settings are stored in /proc/srm_environment/ ..."

Thanks,

Ruth

--
Ruth Ivimey-Cook