Request to have get_blkfops() and get_chrfops() exported to kerne l modules

From: goggin, edward (egoggin@emc.com)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 08:33:41 EST

This is a request to have both the linux kernel symbols
get_chrfops and get_blkfops exported to kernel modules
in future releases of the linux kernel.

This request is in response to a need we have when building
kernel modules which will filter block and/or character device
i/o by trapping the native block/character i/o requests.

We propose three source modifications as part of this request.
Furthermore, assuming approval of this request, we will supply
a source patch to effect these modifications.

        1) EXPORT_SYMBOL references for both get_charfops and
                get_blkfops be placed in fs/devices.c.

        2) Removal of the static scope qualifier for the
                definition of get_chrfops() in fs/devices.c.

        3) The file devices.o be added to the list of exported
                in fs/Makefile.

Ed Goggin