Re: Patch??: linux-2.5.20/fs/bio.c - ll_rw_kio could generate bio's bigger than queue could handle

From: Andrew Morton (akpm@zip.com.au)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 15:19:04 EST

"Adam J. Richter" wrote:

> ..
> Jens has been cc'ed on all of this. I think I should proceed
> as I described in the above paragraph.

I'd be more comfortable waiting for an ack from Jens, really.

+int bio_max_iovecs(request_queue_t *q, int *iovec_size)
+{
+ unsigned max_iovecs = min(q->max_phys_segments, q->max_hw_segments);

It seems that this test will significantly reduce the max BIO
size for some devices. What's the thinking here?