Re: Logitech Mouseman Dual Optical defaults to 400cpi

From: Chris Faherty (rallymonkey@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 10:19:56 EST

On Sunday 09 June 2002 04:07 am, Brad Hards wrote:

> Was that using Snoopy?

I believe that's what it was called. The program was sniffusb 0.13. I had
problems get later versions to work. Then I found a nice treatise on
interpreting the log:

http://www.toth.demon.co.uk/usb/reverse-0.2.txt

> Any objections to me taking this to 2.4 and 2.5?

Feel free. I wonder if MS Intellimouse 3.0 has the same resolution problem.
AFAIK they use the same sensor.

> This could have been handled by a blacklist table quirk. Any reason why
> you chose to do it this way?

How does the blacklist work? Originally I wanted to put the setting in
mousedev but I wasn't sure how to access the usb_device from there.

--
/* Chris Faherty <rallymonkey@bellsouth.net> */