Re: [patch] fat/msdos/vfat crud removal

From: Albert D. Cahalan (acahalan@cs.uml.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 16:04:18 EST

Thunder from the h writes:
> On 9 Jun 2002, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

>> #include <linux/*>
>> and
>> #include <asm/*>
>> are no longer supported.

Try "are no longer supplied by raw kernel source" instead.
They damn well better exist, cleaned up for non-kernel use.

> Stop! The reason for _some_ includes there is actually to keep some
> definitions in sync with the kernel, e.g. errno values! Stopping them
> altogether is a Really Bad Thing[tm], IMO, since it means users will have
> to get a new glibc with almost every kernel they have (don't tell me we
> don't change much!).
>
> I'm against it.

Too late. You're WAY too late. This is on a Debian box:

$ /bin/ls -ldog /usr/include/linux
drwxr-xr-x 11 root 28672 Jun 4 19:41 /usr/include/linux

As you can see, a kernel upgrade would do nothing to
change the headers in /usr/include/linux.